- CLIPSO group
CLIPSO®, an innovative concept for stretch walls and ceilings!
You have questions and you want advices?Contact us
CLIPSO®, the obvious choice of a product with infinite possibilities for unique projects!
- Reduce noise with our acoustic coverings!
- Illuminate your interiors with our translucent coverings!
- Trade your lights for our lightboxes!
- Reinvent your interiors with our printed coverings!
- Improve the hygiene in your interiors with our antibacterial coverings!
- Choose neutral elegance with our standard fabrics!
- Make a difference with our communications solutions / elements!
- Bring some sparkle into your interiors with shimmering fabrics!
- The unique solution that delivers sound from your walls and ceilings!
You have a project or a question about the CLIPSO® solutions?Contact us
Projects that brought life to the CLIPSO® stretch coverings
You want an original and innovative solution?Contact us
For both new construction and renovation, CLIPSO® is the specialist of the stretch covering
Make your new construction or renovation project a reality with CLIPSO®!Printing, colour, light – nothing is impossible when it comes to reinventing your space and bringing the best out of your decoration. Place your trust in our CLIPSO installers.
Can you paint CLIPSO stretch fabrics?
CLIPSO stretch fabrics are paintable using a roller or a spray gun.
Once painted, the product will no longer be covered by the warranty and may lose some of its features.
CLIPSO offers professional training courses fitting our fabrics. While enabling you to hone your techniques, this training course will introduce you to all our new processes, ensuring a more efficient work. At the end of the training course, you will be presented with a certificate, meaning you can prove to your clientele your skills in fitting CLIPSO products.
Please do not hesitate to contact our sales department, where advisors will guide you providing all the practical information you may need in relation to our training courses.
What about our after-sales service?
It is essential that you keep the label attached to the fabric.
The warranty will cover your fabrics and profiles for 10 years.
This warranty is only applicable in accordance to the details referred to above and the terms of our general sales conditions.
Some specific cases
While your work is being carried out, there are a number of precautions you must take depending on the features of the room:
- For “hot” rooms with consistently high temperatures (areas around fireplaces, extractor hoods, etc.) it is recommended that you use thicker materials whose dual-material composition offers enhanced resistance and stability at higher temperatures.
- For wet rooms (bathrooms, spas, swimming pools), please ensure you have good ventilation. CLIPSO strongly advise against our fabrics being fitted in steam rooms or saunas.
For any individual project, contact our sales department, who will be happy to help design the right solution for you.
How are fabric covers fitted to the walls?
The process for fitting CLIPSO fabrics to your walls is exactly the same as for ceilings.
Here’s a tip: place some sort of wadding between the wall and the fabric, or any other insulating material.
- This will ensure there is some form of protection between the wall and the fabric
- It will enable you to rectify any minor defects or rough patches on the wall
- It will enhance the room’s acoustic and insulating properties
- It will give you a much softer touch
Do you encounter a number of issues during installation?
Despite following all CLIPSO’s guidelines step by step, a number of problems arose.
Begin by referring to the installation guide.
A couple of solutions:
- In the event of staining, gently rub the surface using a wet and clean glove or cloth soaked in a PH-neutral detergent or consider using one of the maintenance products available in our CLIPSO catalogue.
- In the event of persistent folds following installation, please refer to the installation guide and use the thermal heat gun (test first by using on a spare scrap). In this case, please ensure you do not hold the device too close to the fold or use it for too long, paying particularly close attention to PVC profiles. It will have an immediate effect.
How do I fit my CLIPSO stretch fabric?
You are now ready to begin work on fitting the fabric.
When you open the package – with the CLIPSO label facing you – here are a couple of precautions to take to avoid the risk of staining:
- Only handle the fabric using clean gloves and wear appropriate work clothes
- Ensure that the fabric does not come into contact with the floor or any other object, item of furniture or stained item of workwear
Here’s a tip: Place the wrapping used to protect the packaging on the floor – this will act as a protective surface when handling the fabric.
Please note: remember to retain the label attached to your fabric, as this will indicate the batch number and enable the product to be traced as part of our quality procedure. With regards to our after-sales service, this label is the only document that will entitle you to our CLIPSO warranty.
Here’s a tip: To avoid losing it, attach this label to the ceiling (prior to fitting and preferably around the doorway at the first angle on the left).
You are now ready to begin with the actual installation of your fabric.
Here are a few reminders with regards to installation:
- Use appropriate tools such as spatulas or cutters with new blades
- Feel free to add material to the grooves of the profiles
- Always finish installation with the angles
- Cut any excess material using a cutter with a blade in perfect condition. Always leave 1½ cm around the edges
- After having assessed the tension of your fabric, return any excess material using the spatula for a perfect finish
- You can now start to fit spotlights or vents (cutting the fabric). Always use low voltage spotlights and sealed lightbulbs
How should I prepare my work site?
Work site preparation is a two-step process, and getting it right will go a long way towards determining the success of your project.
The first step involves fitting the specially-designed attachment profiles, which will have been ordered at the same time as your fabrics.
- Before going any further, begin by assessing the condition of the ceiling. If it is damaged, remove the area in question that is likely to fall onto the fabric (use a safety net if necessary)
- If you wish to install lights, vents or other such fittings, please ensure you have left the necessary space
- When fitting your profiles, please ensure you have rigorously followed the pre-drilling guidelines. Pay particular attention to the fastenings around any joints or angles (feel free to add screws in order to ensure optimum fitting for the profiles)
- For installing spotlight fittings and making the necessary preparations for vents, etc., please check your electrical connections prior to the fabric being fitted
- With regards to air conditioning systems, please ensure that all installations in place are watertight
The second stage of the work site preparation process involves cleaning and protection. It is vital that the room is perfectly clean. Pay particular attention to dirty objects or sharp objects that may damage the fabric.
A number of precautions must be taken in order to ensure that your fabric is stored in the appropriate way
- Should you become aware of any damage to the protective packaging, you should immediately make a note of this on the haulier’s delivery receipt. No claim may be filed without such a note having been made
- CLIPSO fabrics must always be stored in their protective sleeve (it is recommended that you only open the package immediately before installation)
- Any fabrics delivered in rolls must be stored flat, not upright (this should be checked upon delivery)
- Always store fabrics in a location where the room temperature is somewhere between 0° and 40°
- Don’t place anything on top of the packages themselves
What is the right way to prepare an order?
When taking measurements of the ceilings or walls for your CLIPSO fabric, take the following steps:
Width x actual length, with a leeway of 10 cm around the edges.
Example: for a standard 5 m x 5 m ceiling
You will order a 5.10 m x 5.20 m fabric cover
Example: for a non-standard ceiling of 4 m x 10 m
You will order a 4.50 m x 10.40 m fabric cover
On the order receipt supplied by CLIPSO, please note that the requested dimensions must take these margins into consideration.
In addition, please note that you will have specific order receipts for our various Design products, as well as a note giving explanations for these specific products.
Will a draught of air cause the fabric to float?
No – this is because the intrinsic features of the system mean that its tension and stability are perfectly calibrated.
In larger spaces, we do recommend that you put in place metal grating in order to avoid any decompression.
What is the incline for a 5-metre suspended ceiling?
Between 0.5 and 1.5 cm at full width (not visible).
How are accessories for stretch fabrics installed?
These accessories are installed with support from subcontractors.
Please refer to the fitting guidelines available from your MyCLIPSO
Is it necessary to heat the room prior to assembling and mounting the ceiling?
No – CLIPSO stretch ceilings and walls can be fitted at room temperature.
How are the profiles fitted?
CLIPSO offers professional training courses fitting our profiles. While enabling you to hone your techniques, this training course will introduce you to all our new processes, ensuring a more efficient work
Trained installers will also have access to the fitting guidelines available via their MyCLIPSO Account.
Do these stretch fabrics provide acoustic benefits?
Yes, combined with a sound-absorbing material to them. The acoustic performance will vary depending on the sound-absorbing material you have selected.
How can I insulate a ceiling?
In order to insulate a ceiling, simply use an insulating material along with the stretch ceiling.
Is it possible to access the rear of CLIPSO ceilings?
Yes, it is possible to access the rear of the stretch ceiling by making an opening at one of the angles.
What about ceilings greater than 5 metres width?
For ceilings greater than 5 metres width, you must use an intermediate profile, where the two stretch fabrics are held in place in such a way that is referred to as double-joint fitting.
What temperatures are CLIPSO ceilings capable of supporting?
The tension of our stretch ceilings and walls means they are capable of supporting temperatures between -20 and 70°C.
How should the fabrics be cleaned?
Our stretch fabrics can be cleaned using soapy water or steam (PH neutral).
What colours are available?
More than 50 colours of stretch fabrics are available, in a range of different finishes.
Are CLIPSO fabrics made using PVC?
No, our stretch fabrics are made using a polyurethane-coated polyester weave that is 5 times more resistant than PVC.