- CLIPSO group
CLIPSO®, an innovative concept for stretch walls and ceilings!
You have questions and you want advices?Contact us
CLIPSO®, the obvious choice of a product with infinite possibilities for unique projects!
- Reduce noise with our acoustic coverings!
- Illuminate your interiors with our translucent coverings!
- Trade your lights for our lightboxes!
- Reinvent your interiors with our printed coverings!
- Improve the hygiene in your interiors with our antibacterial coverings!
- Choose neutral elegance with our standard fabrics!
- Make a difference with our communications solutions / elements!
- Bring some sparkle into your interiors with shimmering fabrics!
You have a project or a question about the CLIPSO® solutions?Contact us
Projects that brought life to the CLIPSO® stretch coverings
You want an original and innovative solution?Contact us
For both new construction and renovation, CLIPSO® is the specialist of the stretch covering
Make your new construction or renovation project a reality with CLIPSO®!Printing, colour, light – nothing is impossible when it comes to reinventing your space and bringing the best out of your decoration. Place your trust in our CLIPSO installers.
How can you improve the acoustic performance of your premises with CLIPSO?
1/ Assess the room’s sonic environment
Improving acoustic performance cannot be done off the cuff. First, you will need to evaluate the current state of the room:
- the building’s acoustic insulation, including the materials used in construction, the partitions, the furniture and the windows
- the acoustic absorption, which will determine whether or not sound is properly distributed throughout the premises
2/ Calculate the acoustic absorption coefficient
After this initial assessment, you will need to focus on the acoustic absorption coefficient, which is the result of sound waves coming into contact with a material. When the two come into contact with each other, this disperses energy. One part of this is reflected into the room, with another being absorbed by the material, while the last part passes through the material.
The acoustic absorption coefficient is the ratio of energy absorbed by a material to the energy incident upon its surface. It is expressed in Sabins (absorption units), for which the maximum value is 1. A value of 1 means that 100% of the sound has been absorbed.
What are the benefits of our acoustic covers
Whether used on walls, ceilings or aluminium structures, our CLIPSO acoustic covers are used during the sound absorption phase, significantly reducing wave propagation and eliminating echo from rooms (known as the cocktail effect). Our acoustic covers have an impact on the reverberation time (rt) which, depending on the configurations and frequencies, can be reduced by 6 seconds.
The use of fabrics and acoustic absorbent materials together in a highly effective way, make them suitable for use in all types of locations including shopping centres, swimming pools, restaurants, offices, sports centres or any other public places. And private spaces are no exception! Depending on the desired outcome and the design brief, at CLIPSO, we can offer you a bespoke solution.
Our acoustic range for stretch walls and ceilings gives you the option of choosing between four references, each with their own different capacities:
- our 705 A (acoustic) fabrics from our standard range are designed for use in premises with limited acoustic improvement
- our 495 D (acoustic) and AC (Coloured acoustic) fabrics are part of a separate range, specially designed to satisfy even the most demanding design briefs.
For example, when used with a 50-mm absorbent material for a 55-mm construction, these fabrics will allow you to obtain an acoustic absorption coefficient of 1
- 495 AT (Translucent acoustic) fabrics, our latest development, are exclusive covers which combine acoustic properties and light-emitting translucent capacities
This range provides the best possible solutions for the aesthetic and technical challenges of any spaces, including universities, businesses, museums and restaurants. As is the case with all other CLIPSO covers, the main advantage is the range of possibilities available in terms of customisation, whether it’s the colour, the print or the shape. Everything has been thought of, right down to the last detail, ensuring you get the stretch ceiling you want, and one that matches your identity.